Institute Of Foresters Malaysia was Established on February 3, 1979. It Registered with Registrar of Societies Malaysia – August 2, 1980 and its Members from Professional Foresters both in public and private sectors.
BOARD OF MANAGEMENT 2017/2018
BOARD OF MANAGEMENT OF IRIM SESION 2017/2018
ESTABLISHMENT AND OBJECTIVES
The Institute of Foresters, Malaysia (IRIM) was inaugurated on 3 February 1979 and subsequently approved by the Registrar of Societies Malaysia on 2 August 1980. Members of the institute consist of professional foresters, both in public and private sectors, who practice forestry as their career and contribute towards improving the management and development of the forestry sector in Malaysia.
The objectives of IRIM:-
- Maintain and improve standard of practice and professionalism of foresters.
- Promote and advance the science and practice of forestry.
- Continually review the status of the forestry profession and the professional conduct of members by maintaining a code of conduct and practice.
- Continually review the role of forestry and the changing needs of education, research and industry, and to give appropriate advice concerning such matters where needed.
- Provide advice to the Government, its statutory bodies, the industry and the members of the public in matters pertaining of forestry development.
- Hold meetings, workshops, seminars conferences, exhibitions and visits, and such other activities as the Institute may deem incidental or conducive to the promotion or attainment of the profession forestry.
- Represent the views of the forestry profession.
- Communicate to members information on all matters affecting the profession of forestry and to print, public, issue and circulate such publications as may seem conducive to any of the objects of the Institute.
- Offer and conduct prescribed examinations for professional qualifications of members.
- Maintain correspondence and co-operation with other organisations.
- Undertake other activities deemed expedient.
PAST PRESIDENTS OF THE INSTITUTE OF FORESTERS MALAYSIA (IRIM)
|Name||Term of Office/Session (Year)|
|5.||Dato’ Muhammad Jabil||1983/1984|
|6.||Dato’ Muhammad Jabil||1984/1985|
|7.||Dato’ Mohamed Darus Haji Mahmud||1985/1986|
|8.||Dato’ Mohamed Darus Haji Mahmud||1986/1987|
|9.||Dato’ Mohamed Darus Haji Mahmud||1987/1988|
|10.||Dato’ Dr. Salleh Mohd Nor||1988/1989|
|11.||Dato’ Othman Abdul Manan||1989/1990|
|12.||Dato’ Othman Abdul Manan||1990/1991|
|13.||Dato’ Othman Abdul Manan||1991/1992|
|14.||Dato’ Dr. Baharuddin Hj. Ghazali||1992/1993|
|15.||Dato’ Abdul Latif Nordin||1993/1994|
|16.||Sheikh Ibrahim Sheikh Ali||1994/1995|
|17.||Sheikh Ibrahim Sheikh Ali||1995/1996|
|18.||Dr. Wan Razali Wan Mohd||1996/1997|
|19.||Dr. Wan Razali Wan Mohd||1997/1998|
|20||Haron Hj. Abu Hassan||1998/1999|
|21||Haron Hj. Abu Hassan||1999/2000|
|22||Haron Hj. Abu Hassan||2000/2001|
|23||Datuk Zul Mukhshar bin Dato’ Md. Shaari||2001/2002|
|24||Datuk Zul Mukhshar bin Dato’ Md. Shaari||2002/2003|
|25||Dato’ Hj. Abdul Rashid bin Mat Amin||2003/2004|
|26||Dato’ Hj. Abdul Rashid bin Mat Amin||2004/2005|
|27||Dato’ Hj. Abdul Rashid bin Mat Amin||2005/2006|
|25||Dato’ Dr. Hj. Wan Razali Wan Mohd||2006/2007|
|26||Dato’ Hj. Dahlan bin Hj. Taha||2007/2008|
|27||Dato’ Hj. Dahlan bin Hj. Taha||2008/2009|
|28||Dato’ Razani bin Ujang||2009/2010|
|29||Dato’ Razani bin Ujang||2010/2011|
|30||Dato’ Razani bin Ujang||2011/2012|
|31||Dato’ Prof. Dr. Hj. Abd. Rahman bin Hj. Abd. Rahim||2012/2013|
|32||Hj. Haron Hj. Abu Hassan||2013/2014|
|33.||Hj. Haron Hj. Abu Hassan||2014/2015|
|33.||Dr. Chin Tuck Yuan||2015/2016|
|34.||Dr. Chin Tuck Yuan||2016/2017|