Are you a first-time mother? Yes, others say that there is no school for mothers to be and that’s right. It would seem like you will just know what to do once you become one. However, there are also times when learning beforehand can help, especially for new mothers since there is now so much information online.
As we all know, teeth are quite important as they have crucial functions in many ways. They can affect not only the look of a person and his health as well. This is why there are now so many tips you can find online regarding this topic.
So, how can you take care of your baby’s teeth? Here are some tips:
- You might think that your babies have no set of teeth when born, but that is not the case really. They are already starting to develop even before the baby is still in your womb. They are just there hidden under the gums.
- Once the teeth will start to come out, there are usually some symptoms, considering the gums will also start to break. There might be some discomforts the baby will start to feel and of course, you will not know right away that the teeth are the reason. This is why around 6 months after the baby is born, you should start checking its gums.
- The baby might want to chew on something to relieve the discomfort it will feel because of the teeth starting to show up. You can buy some teething items from baby stores Malaysia as they only sell high-quality products. You will have peace of mind with them knowing what you use is safe for the baby.
- When your baby is teething, he will have discomforts in his gums. He might not feed as usual and he might cry more often as well. You can soothe his pain by rubbing a finger on his gums. You just need to make sure your finger is clean.
- When it comes to his foods, you should try to mush them more as he might feel pain when eating. You can try to give him something that is easier to chew on.
- Once a tooth is completely out, you should also clean it every now and then or maybe, once a day. You can buy a baby toothbrush from a reliable store. Yes, it should be a baby toothbrush so that the bristles are designed for their age. There will be times when a baby will not like the toothbrush. If that is the case with your baby, you can use a clean damp cloth or a gauze instead, to wipe the surroundings of each tooth.
Taking care of a newborn is not as easy as it seems, considering it is still quite vulnerable. This is why you need to be always alert and most of all, you need to make sure that you will only use things that are designed for its age.