If you think visiting a theme park only benefits children, you’re wrong. According to many clinical psychologists, spending a good amount of time at a theme park could actually improve your physical and mental health, regardless if you’re a fully grown adult or a child. Whether it’s an outdoor, indoor, water, or dry theme park, these are the eight greatest benefits of visiting a theme park for both children and adult:
1. It Boosts Confidence to Socialize Those who are going to a theme park with colleagues or a group of friends could overcome their shyness and easily break the ice in a chill environment. The casual atmosphere basically makes it easy for you to strike up a conversation.
2. It Creates Positive Bonding Moments With Loved Ones If you’re going with your loved ones, spending the time together at a theme park fosters bonding in a positive way. You get to share quality time and create amazing memories together. It’ll also give you something to talk about during your future family gatherings.
3. It Helps You or Your Loved Ones Overcome Fear If you’ve always been afraid of things like height or water, a theme park provides fantastic opportunities for you to overcome your greatest fears through its many attractions. Plus, with your loved ones there, they get to motivate you to overcome your fear (or vice versa). You’ll definitely feel great about yourself once you’ve tried that crazy roller coaster!
4. It Promotes Solid Muscle Toning In a way, you’ll be doing a casual workout while you’re at a theme park since you’ll be doing lots of walking and running around (or swimming if it’s a water theme park) from an attraction to the next. You might also go on a few rides with high intensity (i.e. panic plunge-type of ride where your muscles tighten up), so this provides for a solid muscle toning. Spending some time at a theme park equals to working out at the gym.
5. It Provides Adrenaline Rush Thrilling rides like roller coasters give you a good dose of adrenaline rush. The feeling you have is equal to the natural high you often get from engaging in strenuous physical exercises.
6. It Improves Your Mood Because of the adrenaline rush, you and your loved ones are left feeling happier and more excited. Due to the release of endorphin, this makes you a lot more energetic and increases your level of alertness. This also helps you to forget about your everyday problems.
7. It Relieves Stress Riding intense and thrilling rides can be stress relieving, since you’ll be screaming at the top of your lungs, in addition to the adrenaline rush felt during and after the ride.
8. It Burns Calories Since you’re doing a lot of moving around, whether you’re walking or swimming, there’s a high chance of calories being burnt. A study by Thrill Laboratory found that certain theme park rides could help you burn between 40 to 70 calories.
This holiday season, visit a water theme park in Malaysia and have a great time playing at the theme park. Your mind and body might just benefit from it. Be a little more adventurous, like riding a heart-stopping roller coaster, or going inside a horror house. Such activities will boost your adrenaline and build stronger bonds with your loved ones, in addition to making you feel young again.