Sitting right next to Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya is a bustling city that features a theme park and several malls that will keep your family entertained. Being surrounded by Sungai Buloh, Shah Alam and Subang Jaya means top tourist attractions in Malaysia is just a ride away from Petaling Jaya.
If you want to stay at an elegant hotel accommodation in the area this weekend, there is no shortage of starred hotels to choose from. If you are looking for a PJ 4-star hotel, here are our top seven recommendations:
- Sunway Pyramid Hotel – located right next to the Sunway Lagoon Water Theme Park, this four star hotel is great for families and couples. If you like shopping, you won’t have to travel far as it’s only a stone’s throw away from Empire Shopping Gallery and other boutique shops. If you want to be pampered, they have Mandara Spa, an in-house spa treatment center that has ten treatment rooms and outdoor treatment zones.
- Sunway Clio Hotel – located at the center of Sunway City, this hotel is only a ten-minute walk to the Sunway Lagoon Theme Park. It has a connecting entrance to the Sunway Pyramid Mall, and is only a ride away from the Empire Shopping Gallery and the Paradigm Mall, making this four-star hotel a great hotel for avid shoppers.
- Qliq Damansara Hotel – situated at the heart of the Golden Triangle of PJ, this hotel is a great choice for those who want to be in the middle of the city action, but still want a touch of nature. It is just a few steps away from The Curve, which houses 1 Utama, the fourth largest shopping mall in the world. If you are into art, you can visit the Damansara Performing Arts Center. If you are bringing kids along, they would surely enjoy Kidzania Kuala Lumpur. If you want to stay in, you’ll enjoy their saltwater pool and their in-house spa.
- Somerset Demansara Uptown – if you are staying in Malaysia for several days and want a serviced apartment-style accommodation, Somerset Uptown is the place for you. With complete household amenities, you would feel like you’re staying in your own home, plus with added services. This hotel is linked to the Starling shopping mall, making it easy for you to shop for souvenirs. They have a children’s playroom, a pool and a gym. They also offer babysitting services.
- Armada Hotel Petaling Jaya – if you want your hotel to be easily accessible to everything in Petaling Jaya, this hotel is the right one for you. Armada Hotel is at the center of Petaling Jaya, a mere walking distance from Asia Jaya LRT Station, with bus and taxi stations nearby. Armada has two restaurants: one features international cuisine and another that features Japanese food. The hotel does not hold back on its entertainment options, with The Merchant Live and The Merchant.
- Daily Suites Atria – if you are looking for a hotel that feels like a home that offers your creature comforts, then Daily Suites is the one for you. With only 63 hotel rooms available, you can be sure that this four-star boutique hotel will make sure all your needs are met. With ten restaurants and coffee shops, you will not run out of food options to choose from. The hotel also includes an indoor pool, a full-service spa and a sauna.
- New World Petaling Jaya Hotel – located in the Kelana Jaya district, this luxury hotel is right next to the Paradigm Mall. You can enjoy the beauty of the city scape while dining in their rooftop restaurant or having a few laps in the infinity pool. There are three restaurants to choose from, which offer Malaysian and international cuisine.
A weekend staycation in one of these PJ 4-star hotels will guarantee that you’ll be refreshed by the time you need to get back to your busy life. You might even stay for more than a weekend once you realize how homey and relaxing it is to visit Petaling Jaya.