Malaysian meat market is a thriving industry. The production of meat complies basically with Halal standards considering that 61.3% of its population are Muslim. Meat is not hard to find since it is widely distributed in the market.
If you are a restaurant owner who wishes to give the best meal experience to your customers, or a meat shop owner who intends to serve only the best type of meat and poultry or a B2B company that focuses on meat distribution, there are several guidelines to take. However, the freshness and excellent quality of the goods you sell must be your top priority.
There are plenty of ways by which you could preserve the freshness of the meat you sell but most of them depend on the tools and equipment you possess. Below are the top 5 must-haves gadgets for your meat business that are thankfully widely available in Malaysia:
- Butchering products This includes the many types of knives such as boning knife, meat cleaver, and meat carving knife. You may buy knives in sets which usually include gloves for safety.
- Meat grinder This is also known as meat mincer and used to finely chop pieces of meat or fish. Although manual meat grinders are still widely available, electronic ones are preferred by most due to its efficiency. This can be bought for as low as RM 306.09.
- Meat Tenderizer To ensure the tenderness of your meat products, this tool is a definite must-have. This is a small hammer-like tool used to tenderize the meat by softening the meat fibers to help it become more chewable and digestible.
- Vacuum Sealers One of the secrets of preserving the quality of your meat is by properly storing them. Vacuum sealers will definitely do the job. This is a device using a technology to keep the air out of the plastic bag in which you store the meat. Heat is then used to seal the plastic bag.
- PH Meter Maintenance of the right PH level of the meat is of utmost importance. This will surely determine if your meat is fresh and ready for consumption. The PH of excellent meat ranges from 5.7 to 6.0. To ensure that your meat falls within this range, a PH meter is then essential. Scientifically speaking, this device is used to measure hydrogen ion in a particular substance or matter. This will determine the levels of acidity and alkalinity of your meat product so you can identify if they are fit for human consumption or not. You may buy a PH meter in Malaysia at RM 2,300.00. Price may vary depending on any additional specifications such as the size and calibration.
So if you wish to jump start your meat shop business, the above tools are just what you need to make it happen. Not only will they help you prepare your products for sell, they’ll also ensure that the meat is handled safely. That way, you can be sure that your products are delicious and also safe for consumption.