Having fun traveling with kids is every parent’s dream. However, it’s challenging and requires patience as well as mental and physical strength. If you are feeling excited and at the same time nervous about bringing your kids with you, maybe these 5 tips can help you:
- Plan A Kid-friendly Itinerary First, do some research on places to stay and activities that suit your children. Think of what you like to do if you want to spend time with them. For example, if you enjoy a splashing pleasure and love swimming together, a water park with water slides and swimming pool is the best place to go. The great thing is, finding the best water theme park resort in Malaysia is not so hard. Plus, Malaysia is a hot country so this is definitely a great idea.
- Organize Essentials Earlier When you already know where to go, now is the time to book for tickets. Also, don’t forget to plan for transportation, get a hotel reservation, and make a list of some places on where to eat. Make sure that all the requirements for your kids are available during the vacation. For example, if they are still wearing a nappy, make sure you bring enough nappies with you. Medicine is also necessary if an emergency occurs. A camera is a must as you surely want to record the memories. Another important thing is that you have to know if you can carry your bag during the trip, so be organized and don’t pack too many bags. You want the experience as smooth as possible without worrying about your bags all the time.
- Bring Tricks and Fun Packs Children get bored quickly especially when they have to sit still in a car or public transport for hours. During this time, you need to fill their time with fun activities to make sure they stay calm. Some tricks are also useful to reset their focus. Think of things that are not so big and easy to handle such as small toys, stickers, books, origami papers, coloring books, and even some snacks.
- Be Practical and Flexible Filling in too many activities into your itinerary is not a practical idea as you will end up rushing and exhausted. Be realistic and focus more on quality over quantity. Planning is easier than practice. In other words, making sure that everything is going as planned is not that easy, especially when you have never been to Malaysia. Bear in mind that your plan can sometimes be out of schedule and when it happens, don’t panic. Be flexible and just go with the flow.
- Get Ready for Any Consequences Bringing kids with you while traveling will definitely test your patience. Sometimes they become cranky because of the hot weather or they are not getting enough sleep. Sometimes they want something and when they don’t get it, they become upset and the drama begins. Think of anything that can possibly occur and when it happens, make sure you know how to overcome the issue.
You can do it! Nothing beats having a great traveling adventure with your little ones. Your family vacation will definitely be the most memorable trip ever with proper planning.