Any travel to Malaysia is definitely not complete without going to the town of Kulim. Kulim is the 3rd largest place in Kedah, after state capital Alor Star and Sungai Petani. It is situated on the southeast portion of Kedah, neighboring Penang on the west side. If you are on vacation and you want to spend quality time with your family, friends or loved ones, this is the perfect opportunity to visit Kulim, Malaysia.
However, looking for a budget hotel in Kulim can be hard, especially since there are not many accommodations in the area.
- Tune Hotel. This hotel is located beside the Landmark Central Shopping Centre. This is only a 36-minute drive from the Penang Airport. It provides basic rooms with its own bathroom. They also have disabled-friendly rooms which can be requested by the customer as needed. It is possibly the best budget hotel in Kulim by a long shot.
- Urban Inn Kulim. If you like to stay online at all times, this hotel provides free Wi-Fi access inside its facility. The Urban Inn Kulim also takes pride on its Coffee House, which serves freshly brewed coffee at all times. Their restaurant has a wide selection of dishes made from fresh ingredients.
- Village View Motel. This is one of the most top-rated accommodations in Kulim. You can choose from river view, garden view or mountain view in your room. If you have a car, you can also enjoy the motel’s free parking privilege for its guests.
- D’Mudah Inn. This hotel is just 10 minutes away from Kulim Hi-Tech Park. Likewise, it is 10 minutes away by car from Kulim Lake Garden. D’Mudah Inn features Wi-Fi access and 24-hour front desk services.
- Akar Lima. This particular accommodation offers free parking, has an on-site restaurant, and they have a nice place for you to sit and enjoy the city view. Akar Lima is strategically located in an area where cycling is popular. If you want to tour the area on a bike, the hotel offers bike rentals.
- Homestay Eksekutif D’zaty Kulim. If you want to try something different, choose this homestay. It’s like a home away from home. Like other hotels, they offer free parking and Wi-Fi access. Their rates are very affordable, plus you can have a small barbeque party with your group.
- Kulim Inn. If you really want to stay in a budget hotel in Kulim, then Kulim Inn is just right for you. Although located at the edge of town, it offers basic amenities that you need when staying for vacation or for business. Their rooms are large and they offer free Wi-Fi throughout the place. One tip from a former customer is to choose a room that is further away from the stairs. This way, you won’t be bothered by the noise of people coming and going.
Although hotel choices can be a bit limited in Kulim itself, there are several highly recommended places to stay in Simpang Ampat, Bukit Mertajam, Perai, Seberang Jaya and other nearby towns. But if you really intend to book a place in Kulim, call or contact these hotels at least a month or two before you travel so you’ll have a guaranteed place to stay.