Planning to go to Port Dickson? Although the coastal town is small, it has its own charms and amazing tourist attractions at a fraction of the cost. Find out the six creative, fun and affordable ways you can spend your vacation in Port Dickson:
- Let your imagination run wild Let your imagination run wild at the Alive 3D Art Gallery located in Dataran Segar. The gallery is filled with plenty of 3D or isometric paintings and art murals in various themes. You can do different sorts of poses depending on the painting or mural, and simply have fun with your family while snapping silly photos.
- Attract good luck If you’re the superstitious kind, bring good luck to your life by rubbing the shells of turtles at the Yun Loon/Wan Loong Chinese Temple located at the coastal road in Port Dickson. Similarly, you can also sponsor baby turtles at the temple for long-term good fortune. While you’re there, you can marvel at the temple’s majestic wall and ornamented architectural work.
- Have a taste of ostrich eggs If you’re an adventurous foodie, try eating ostrich eggs at several ostrich farms in Port Dickson, such as PD Ostrich Show Farm in Jalan Kemang or Jelita Ostrich Farm in Jalan Pantai. If you’re feeling creative, you can buy the eggs and cook them in various different cooking styles.
- Experience ‘riding’ military vehicles For history buffs, you can experiencing ‘riding’ military vehicles such as tank, armored helicopter or cars at the Army Museum in Kem Si Rusa. You can also go through the tunnels (replicated) during the war.
- Paint at Cape Rachado Lighthouse If you’re feeling artistic, bring your painting gear and go painting at the Cape Rachado Lighthouse at the outskirts of Port Dickson. The scenic ocean view or even the towering lighthouse serve as the perfect backdrop.
- Catch seafood by the sea and cook your own Since Port Dickson is the popular destination for people who love to barbecue by the beach, you can catch your own seafood and prep them for barbecue. You’ll need to rent a chalet that allows for barbecuing (some chalets have all the facilities and equipment needed for a BBQ party). Experience chalet in Port Dickson that allows for barbecue by the beach.
If you want to do a lot of sightseeing or an outdoor barbecue party by the beach, make sure you visit Port Dickson during non-Monsoon season. The rain can be pretty heavy and it might make it harder for you to enjoy your stay in the town.