If you are into craft making, then you know how difficult it can be to organize your tools and supplies. Without an organization and storage system, your work area can turn into a huge mess. It is important to organize all your materials and tools efficiently so you can easily find them when you need them. Below are some tips on how you can do it.
1) Separate the tools and supplies from each other based on the material they’re made of. For instance, if you’re working with plastic, cloth, paper, or any other material, you should store each of them in separate compartments. If possible, label the storage boxes so that you know which box to open when you need a particular tool or material.
2) Get an ESD tote organizer. This is usually made of thick plastic with several compartments. This is great for storing materials for craft making supplies like beads, buttons, pins, pens, and brushes. ESD tote organizers are also easy to carry around.
3) Repurpose a shoe organizer for your tools and supplies. This is a simple trick that can save you some money. Shoe organizers come with compartments that you can use instead as storage places for your tools and supplies.
4) Make use of clear containers. You can use containers that are made of either glass or transparent plastic. This is so that you can clearly see what’s inside of the boxes. You don’t have to open up all the boxes just to find the tool or material that you currently need.
5) Utilize upright magazine holders for paper supplies. These magazine holders occupy less space as well as protect your paper materials from folding. You can use the same holders to separate paper scraps from unused paper.
Organizing your craft making tools and supplies is actually not that difficult. A lot of the boxes and containers you need can be found just lying around in your home. Add an ESD tote organizer to the mix and you are good to go. No more eyesores and messy clutter in your work area.