When school holiday hits, step away from the mind-numbing digital weekend and treat your kids to a sunny getaway in Malaysia. With a medley of family-friendly attractions to visit in this tropical destination, chasing a burst of sunshine in Malaysia’s water theme parks is a must-do. So, pack your swimwear and slap some sunscreen because the best water theme park in Malaysia is waiting for you and your family.
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Ask any of the folks in Subang Jaya about their favorite childhood memory and you’re likely to hear them say, Sunway Lagoon Theme Park. Perched in the populous area of Subang Jaya, a ticket to this water theme park guarantees hour-long fun and excitement. With sunny skies above you, take a plunge into the rapid waters of Vuvuzela and practice your surfing moves at the famous Surf Beach. Remember to get your kids to hang out at the Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon for the Spongebob Splash Adventure.
- Austin Heights Water & Adventure Park The best way to celebrate Malaysia’s tropical climate is by spending your afternoon at the Austin Heights Water & Adventure Park. An up-and-coming family attraction in Johor Bahru, stick to the rules of splash and slide when you and your family step foot into this vibrant water theme park. Coupled with laid-back and family-friendly vibes, start by making your way down the amazing SuperSurf and Uphill Battle giant slides. Before the day ends, relax and embrace the rippling waves in the Austin Wave Pool.
- Wet World Water Park Shah Alam For a thrilling water adventure in the heart of Shah Alam, make your way to Wet World Water Park for some smiles and sunshine like the rest of the locals do. Brimming with vibrant rides and attractions, follow the crowd to the Monsoon Buster and Caribbean River for a great time in the water slides. Then, take the kids to the Kiddy Typhoon Lagoon and Island of Treasures to see them beaming with laughter.
- A’Famosa Water Theme Park Dubbed as the largest water theme park in Malaysia, prepare to spend the entire afternoon at the A’Famosa Water Theme Park. Located in the heritage city of Malacca, start off with a chill introduction at the Wave Pool before moving on to adrenaline-fueled Family Raft Ride. Perfect for your thrill-seeking family, take on the seven-storey High Speed Slides and challenge each other to the obstacle-styled Aqua Challenge.
- Legoland Water Theme Park Apart from reliving your sweet childhood memories, LEGOLAND Water Theme Park is where the kids and beach bums go when they’re in Johor Bahru. Surrounded by colorful blocks of LEGO-themed structures, strap on your swimwear and head first to the Brick Blaster tunnels. Continue by creating your family raft at Build-A-Raft, sliding down the Joker Soaker, and splashing away at the DUPLO Splash Safari.
If you’re planning a memorable family getaway in Malaysia, score brownie points from your wife and kids when you surprise them with an afternoon in the local water theme park. Whether you have Sunway Lagoon Theme Park or Austin Heights Water & Adventure Park in mind, a trip to any water park in Malaysia will put a smile on your family’s faces.