Kuala Lumpur is a very tourist-friendly city, but that doesn’t mean you should come unprepared. Other than the usual must-haves like clothes and passport, couples and families alike must pack their luggage to suit the unique environment of Kuala Lumpur.
Here are the top 6 things you need before that Kuala Lumpur trip.
- Umbrella/Cap Bring an umbrella or a cap to keep your head protected from the sun. You might think that the tan would be great – but it can be incredibly harsh – especially for the skin of little kids. The umbrella will also come in handy for those rare instances of rain in the city.
- Strong Sunscreen Bring very strong sunscreen – the strongest one you can find! Make sure to lather yourself with the lotion before actually landing in Kuala Lumpur since the heat wave might surprise you. Make sure the kids get routine sunscreen to prevent sunburns.
- Light and Breathable Clothes Forget the thick clothes – you need light and breathable ones that will promote air circulation throughout your body. It’s better to opt for clothes that you can ‘layer’ so that you can adjust for the changing temperature from morning to nighttime.
- Antibiotics You might also want to bring strong antibiotics in Kuala Lumpur – just in case. Due to the exotic surroundings, routine or basic cuts and wounds can worsen overnight. Make sure that you’ve got strong antibiotics with you if you suffer any sort of cut. Ask your doctor first to find out what antibiotics are best.
If you have any other medical condition – make sure you bring prescriptions with you, just in case. For example, those who suffer from asthma will want to bring an inhaler as humid air can increase the risk of an attack.
Medications for diarrhea are also a must. Although the drinking water in Kuala Lumpur is considered safe, many travelers suffer from bowel problems regardless of where they happen to go. Having drugs for diarrhea is just an additional safety precaution for the trip.
- Kuala Lumpur Currency Although your credit card would still be of great use here, it’s crucial to have a little bit of Kuala Lumpur currency in your pocket even before you take the plane towards the country. Have some of your money converted and try to familiarize yourself with the usual prices attached to certain services or products in KL.
- Plug Converter Malaysia uses a 3-pin male plug so you might want to bring a converter with you. This converter will allow you to attach your 2-plug gadgets to their power source for charging, web surfing, and other electrical needs. The power supply in Malaysia is stable for the most part but if you’re using sensitive equipment, it’s better to have a surge suppressor with you.
Of course, those are just some of the must-haves you need before your travel. Don’t worry, though – if you ever find yourself needing something, a good hotel in Kuala Lumpur should be able to provide it for you. Top hotels in the city are specially equipped to service international tourists so that they can fully enjoy their stay.